Last year was okay. We went to Maryborough and the days were clear and crisp. Not a lot to do in Maryborough … but the weather was fine.
This year however it has been the soggiest greyest and MOST AWFUL time to camp in Daylesford EVER (maybe … although it’s not snowing, and actually the last 12 hours have been okay … but there’s a huge storm on the way right?).
On the upside
- The kids have still had loads of fun with their cousins – freezing cold tents, endless rain, mud and all
- We had a great dinner at the Old Hepburn Hotel (parma night – my choice introduced me to be the joys of a schnitzel topped with fried onion, bacon, BBQ sauce and cheese!)
- I didn’t have to cajole too much to get the kids to The Mill Market (some room to move around inside – and out of the elements – was appreciated for once).
Here are a few things I admired there …
1. $20 for this crocheted blanket. I like the apple green and pink combo. If only I knew someone with a new baby.
2. Little blue drawers. I love this colour (I think you know that). And the drawers themselves might actually be useful. Should I buy them?
3. Either of these globes. My grandpa had one when I was little and I loved looking at it. These 2 are extra lovely.
4. This fabric. $50 for 2 metres is quite a lot, but it fits right in to my current interest in florals and green/blue. I won’t buy it, just window shopping on this one.
5. Old washing baskets. These ones were v. expensive. Which reminded me to take better care of the 5 I have at home. I am prone to leaving them out in the elements by the line or filling them to overflowing with heavy crafty projects.
That’s it. Actually there were more things that I liked, but my phone battery died (so annoying).
What I bought? Obsessed with all things weather related I bought a hat. It’s so soft and I love the big pompom. It will be perfect for sleeping in in the freezing cold tent!
But today … Today we are going to the spa. And it won’t matter what the weather is like there!