So, I bet you might have guessed that I would plunge in to my Pinterest projects?
As with everything pottery related, they were harder to make than I originally anticipated. The first lot I made were too thin and the handles broke when I picked them up.
My second attempt (these) are big and fat. They started life dessert spoon size. I’ll be fascinated to see how much they shrink in the drying/firing process.
I am a novice at this biz. Today when I went to Northcote Pottery I talked to the guy at the front desk about ‘cooking’ the pottery … And then I realised just how uncool I was …
I self-corrected. But still … uncool.
So I have 3 more cups getting fired for the final time. And then four spoons, a number of little bowls and a plate being bisque fired. And then they need to be glazed and fired again.
It’s hard to believe that the blue/grey will end up black, but it will.
And for these ones I put an extra coat of underglaze on. I want that black to be black, black … Fingers crossed!